Thursday, April 30, 2009

SL, as sad as real life sometimes?

Hello fellow sim dwellers….

Well what a crazy world SL can be. Normally I would be on right now enjoying beautiful Buffys Cove but instead I am sitting here writing a new blog.

How disappointing SL can be sometimes.

I had a very uneducated Av tell one of my fellow owners at Buffys that I was going around telling everyone we were shutting it down. I got a notecard with a conversation addressing all sorts of things I supposedly said none of which were true. Automatically, my fellow owner and friend was on the back foot wondering if I was secretly pulling out or trying to destroy the island. I suppose in retrospect I can understand why he thought that, I mean it was a fairly compelling story but thankfully he knew me better than this…

I read the note and exploded. I am just fed up with things that happen in sl when there was no reason for any distress in the first place. Too many times I have been accused of things I have never done. Again I was accused of saying things that were so far away from the truth that it’s just a joke.

Truth was this ‘Av’ asked me where the previous owner, Amy went. I replied Osgrid and this Av wanted to know what that was. I said it was another grid like sl but much more like a new sl, a new world. I said I was not that keen to be a new pioneer and was happy to stay in sl but as he seemed interested so I passed him the note that Amy wrote in regards to Osgrid.

Never did I say I was going to pull out. Never did I say we were going to let it close.

However… This was all he needed to go around and tell everyone we were shutting the sim down! He even used the note I gave him from Amy dated last year to back up his amazing news!

Please everyone, consider carefully the words you say in sl. Consider the feelings of others and make sure you get your facts right if you intend to announce such major mistruths. It only causes division and pain, both of which I am feeling at this point so very heavily.

Teresa.

No comments: